A bedside note to you, my raid

I don't like leaving when we're struggling; but let's face it, you don't need me. If I continue to bear the brunt of my discontent, I'll start to hate you and I don't want that, dearly beloved. I nearly lost it right there on the weekend, in front of your friends, our friends, I was angry enough to throw it all away and slam the door in your face. When I realised how close I was to breaking, I knew we should Spend Some Time Apart.

I'll be back... I promise. I still love you. I still want to be with you. I want to go back to a time when I valued your companionship and appreciate the time I spend with you, instead of despising it as a waste of my few free hours. Please don't be hurt by my weakness. When I return to you, I'll treat you better.

See you next week. Much love.